• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

boy do i need help.

chris_53

Aug 5, 2005
hi fella's heres a real thick one for u too answer. im so new to the world of cb-ing and im totally lost , ok here goes..........ibe been given a superstar 3900 radio the person i got it from says its working fine, anyway all im used to is the uk 40 ch basic rigs..can someone out there please explain how i use this 3900 rig.theres a switch on the front with A.B.C.D.E.F , then one with AM. FM. USB, LSB, can one of you lads out there please try to explain what they do and where do i start on this rig to get chatting, i know this may be so stupd to you lads but im a complete beginner in the world of cb's..i really hope one of you will get back to me on this i really need some help here.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE...........CHRIS..

The band switch, ABCDE...controls what frequency band your channel selector selects.

For example, Band A channel 1 is a different freq than Band B channel 1. I do not know what the frequencies are for each band. Someone will.

You guys use FM in the UK, right? So use FM. But you could try AM or one of the sideband modes (LSB, USB), if your so inclined.

Remember, the modes FM, AM USB, LSB are just different modes and not a different channel or anything like that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.