• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Brand new 1977 hooker 100 for sale

MRF455A. The "A" indicates a package mounted by a single threaded stud. The same number without the "A" has a mounting flange with two screw holes.

The stud-mount version of this transistor has been out of production for decades. It's rare enough that they might very well be worth more than the working amplifier wrapped around them.

Go figure.

MRF455A. The "A" indicates a package mounted by a single threaded stud. The same number without the "A" has a mounting flange with two screw holes.

The stud-mount version of this transistor has been out of production for decades. It's rare enough that they might very well be worth more than the working amplifier wrapped around them.

Go figure.

Thank you for the information

Nomad is correct. I have a Golden Hooker amp that I used when we first moved to Colombia 16 years ago. It put out enough power that I was able to Dx to the US easily. One day it blew out one of the MRF455As. I have posted on the forum several times looking for a replacement pair, and never any offers. They are on Ebay, but not original Motorola. I refuse to pay $100 for a set of off-brand transistors.

Nomad is correct. I have a Golden Hooker amp that I used when we first moved to Colombia 16 years ago. It put out enough power that I was able to Dx to the US easily. One day it blew out one of the MRF455As. I have posted on the forum several times looking for a replacement pair, and never any offers. They are on Ebay, but not original Motorola. I refuse to pay $100 for a set of off-brand transistors.
Well you could have the entire amplifier for the low cost of 225
The transistors may not be Motorola. One of the more commonly used devices in that amp was a TRW PT9803
I will let you know this evening, I am going to break down and open it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.