• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Brick wall

we always drilled into mortar lines when attaching decks to brick homes . a deck is stationary though . a antenna pole/post/mount is gonna want to sway and move in relation to the wind , the more wind the more movement . i cant imagine that the mortar would hold up to that and would crack and eventually have the bricks falling out . i used a chimney strap mount for a penetrator on a 10 foot mast section as a kid with no problems though .

It's not that the brick is harder, or able to withstand the stress better. The problem is still with the mortar holding. Doesn't much matter if it's a bolt through the mortar or a brick, shake it a lot and the surrounding mortar will be stressed too much and fail.
Something like a 'chimney-strap' spreads the stress over a much larger area. If the stresses are hard enough it'll fail too. Just not as likely/soon. There are 'limits'. ~Best~ way to NOT having the wind shake an antenna too much is by laying the antenna flat on the ground... ... uh... oh, forget it.
- 'Doc

you could mount to the fasica or rake on the edge of the roof line for a short/small antenna . or go taller if you guy it . i did that as a kid using a peice of 2 inch leather belt as a kid , :LOL: . it made it through a hurricane , :shock: . im not suggesting that you use belt leather but that that typ of mount could be an option in some cases .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.