• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Buddipole Elecraft KX3

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
I will be traveling to Sturgis South Dakota next week, August 8-12, for The Bike Rally.

I have been playing with the Buddipole package I have during this week and putting all my settings for different bands on my notes section of the iPhone.

Today I was playing with the Adjustable Shock Cord as a VersaTee Vertical for 40 meter.

I thought I would share my settings for anyone else that may want to try this set up.

Here is how I had it set up;

GUY LINES!!!! GUY LINES!!!! GUY LINES!!!!

Did I mention GUY LINES!!!!?

Buddipole Tri-Pod ( 8 foot )

3/8” x 24T x 1+1/8 long Threaded adapter ( From the 6 meter yagi kit )

VersaTee with the red knob on top, black on bottom in a vertical configuration.

The Buddistick Radial Wire Assembly connected to the blue knob extended fully and elevated.

Red Coil

22 inch arm

6 Section 22 inch Rigid Adjustable Shock-Cord ( Fully extended - 163 inches )

I tapped at 16 turns from the top. ( 6 under the green )

I then raised the mast fully.

Using the iPortable iP60z Analyzer I showed an SWR of 1.4 and an impedance of 68

I did not try to fine tune it because the wife called me in for dinner and at that setting, the internal tuner of the Elecraft KX3 will tune that up.

If anyone gets better, let me know

Have fun

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.