• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can someone model 467MHz on MOXGEN?

rixdafix

561 Missouri Mobile (WDX561)
Dec 19, 2022
East Central Missouri
I'm having a heck of a time with the online moxon calculators and can't get moxgen to install on my old linux system.
I'm using insulated solid 14AWG.
Thanks in advance.

Thank you!
The link you shared has indeed been the closest so far but my results differ.
I suspect it's because you were able to choose vertical polarization (thank you).
I'll be using the specs from your results but for comparison, here are mine.
moxon467.png

I'm a little slow and just noticed the vertical polarization I referred to is for the eznec model and has nothing to do with dimensions. So moxgen and the online calculator are showing different results. Hmm

Why moxon? Regular Yagi will better and still small size.
I had good (lucky) success with an 11 meter version I built and I like the 50 ohm feed but yeah, a yagi might make more sense. I'm just having fun building these. I have no formal education on this stuff but I can follow directions. The nanovna sure helps.

Still had to trim it, then added a tail to the reflector. Not afraid to admit no clue as to what that does but it made the Smith chart happy and this little rig just had a good contact on a repeater 28 miles out on that little Retevis and me holding the antenna inside our living room. 3 degrees Fahrenheit here. Sweet.
20240115_181917.jpg

Reactions: BBI

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.