• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Capaciter three leads?

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I have a Mercury 1200 tube tester that I bought took it apart brfore turned it on and found two capaciters were cracked but I have not seen this kind before and have not found them on internet, 200MFD 10v axial capaciter but has 1 lead out one end and two out the other. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have a Mercury 1200 tube tester that I bought took it apart brfore turned it on and found two capaciters were cracked but I have not seen this kind before and have not found them on internet, 200MFD 10v axial capaciter but has 1 lead out one end and two out the other. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

That might be two capacitors in one package. The single lead would be the negative and the other two would each be for an independent capacitor. Don't know how old the Mercury tube tester is (I'm 68, and I'd tend to think it's pretty close to my age), but back in the days of tube circuitry, two and even more individual capacitors in the same neat package were very common.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.