• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB mike used for computer mike?

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
My mike that i use in ( just a cheap computer mike ) paltalk just crapped out on me but i have cb mikes laying around every where. So rather than spending money for a new computer mike can a cb mike be rewired so that it could be used on a computer? Be cool if i could use a D-104,bet that would have a good sound to it.

......what can i say,i'm cheap!

I'm sure there are some 'CB' mics that will work just fine. I'm also sure that there are a few that are not suited for computer use. Wanna try it? Why not.
- 'Doc

My mike that i use in ( just a cheap computer mike ) paltalk just crapped out on me but i have cb mikes laying around every where. So rather than spending money for a new computer mike can a cb mike be rewired so that it could be used on a computer? Be cool if i could use a D-104,bet that would have a good sound to it.

......what can i say,i'm cheap!
Most any old mic cartriage will do and all you need is the mic wire and the ground wire to the pc, most use a 1/8'' mono jack and just attach the mic to the center lead and the ground well you know where.

Just try several in a room with you buddies and see which one overall they seem to like then you can either internally bypass the ptt switch or not, rubber band it to make contact or just squeeze it as normally operated but I bet you find the first suggestion more to your liking.

I've been on paltalk since 02 under 1 username or another and I would not consider any other chat program, deadbeat (JAZZMAN) or paid.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.