• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Check out the custom antenna van mount depark made me

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Fellow WWDX member depark saw my Yaesu VX-8 mobile thread where i stuck a little mag mount antenna on my RV hood and I guess he felt bad for me. He also noticed that my RV used the Ford E350 Econoline Van chassis, which is the same van he has. When he decided to have a mount made for his van, he also made one for me and sent it to me. It's made out of stainless steel and is solid as a rock. It bolts just inside the hood using an existing fender bolt. You just have to drill a couple of small holes into the sheetmetal on the inside and run the cable. This thing is strong enough that you could mount a small-sized screwdriver antenna on it.

So here it is: The Depark Ford Econoline E350 ham radio antenna mount:

moleculo-albums-ford-e350-van-rv-antenna-mount-picture2291-installing-custom-mount-rv-hood.jpg

moleculo-albums-ford-e350-van-rv-antenna-mount-picture2292-custom-mount-hood-channel.jpg

moleculo-albums-ford-e350-van-rv-antenna-mount-picture2293-mount-diamond-so-239-stud-cable-assembly.jpg

moleculo-albums-ford-e350-van-rv-antenna-mount-picture2294-mount-comet-ca-2x4sr-antenna.jpg

I used a Diamond C101 cable assembly which has an SO-239 base and Teflon coated RG316 coax. The coax diameter is only 1/8" thick. The cable length is only 6 feet. Mounted on that is the Comet CA-2X4SR wideband 2m/440 antenna. This setup is a BIG improvement over the little tiny magmount antenna!

Thanks Depark!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.