• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 148 27.415 to 27.435

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
I seen someware i can get to 27.415 to 27.435mhz on my cobra but i did not see what pins need to be shorted i just want to add the 3 channles to my 148 to get out of the crazy..

I was hopping to use the dim switch on the 148

Is this a side-mic 148? If so, the channel expansion follows a rather strange sequence. Using both the dimmer and tone switches they will go from about 27.455 through 28.045. For some reason .415 to .445 is skipped.

They also don't progress sequentially, but rather jump around depending on the position of the dimmer and brightness switches.

You definitely want a freq. counter if you do this expansion.

While I've heard a million people over the years say this can't be done on the MB8719 chip, I've also heard others say they did it. My thoughts are the chip is not internally blocked and it uses a binary input. Put the right binary "word" on its input pins and it should generate these frequencies.

will see if this pll chart will load for you. it shows doing the 415 to 445 mod. you will just have to figure it out. this is for most all pll's

Attachments

• Pll 02a and other PLL mods.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: 1 person
My Cobra 2k gets those channels, I have a 6 pos. switch where the phone jack is and a toggle where the AUX is. I have to flip the toggle switch to get there with 6 pos switch in a certain pos.

Is this a side-mic 148? If so, the channel expansion follows a rather strange sequence. Using both the dimmer and tone switches they will go from about 27.455 through 28.045. For some reason .415 to .445 is skipped.

They also don't progress sequentially, but rather jump around depending on the position of the dimmer and brightness switches.

You definitely want a freq. counter if you do this expansion.

Sorry yes this is a side mic Philippines modle

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.