• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 question.

338_MtRushmore

Jun 17, 2012
The Dakotas
I really like my cobra 148gtl. It already has a dual control echo board, and sounds really good with an rk56. When I first got this radio, I thought the rx was no good because there were so many inaudible transmissions picked up. I have come to realize that my dx979 would not receive these. I also figured out that the tone switch will change my rf power, although I dont know what a tech could do with this. (Maybe down for an amp, and up for barefoot?) I have been debating on which radio to send off to be tuned for a ts 350. The dx979 has the starlight display, but that is the only thing I really like better about it. Now for the real question: It is a 148 GTL ST (yes, a sound crapper) that was made in Thailand. Are these really as horrible as people make them out to be? I run AM 90% of the time, and have only listened to ssb. I would think with the ts 350, it would help on side band, and I may do a little more ssb but I want to have a good first experience. Make sense? :confused: Thanks for the guidance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.