• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

coily ,I10k ,wolf

If you look in the ARRL Antenna Book there are plans for antennas that use the same type of matching system except they're usually for VHF. One problem I see with Coily's antenna though, from what I've read about this type of antenna in the Antenna Book is the coil should be adjustable for length and the line from the UHF female to the coil should be adjustable where it connects to the coil. In other words the Enforcer is only adjustable for center frequency(length) and not SWR where the I10K is adjustable for both center frequency and SWR.

Still confused

I came here looking for answers to the age old question "Which ground plane is better" and now I'm more confused:confused:. I understand that everybody has a opinion, but I want cold hard facts and data. I currently use a Maco V 5000 and run upward of 2K at times, but I want to ensure I have the best antenna for my needs. I have talked to guys that use the I 10-K and they have nothing but great things to say about them, but I want data. If the comparison is so close I wouldn't know the difference, then I guess I'll stay with the Maco, but if I can get more gain from another antenna, I would like to know about it.
I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience so others may learn.

Galaxy 98VHP
Maco V5000
XForce 60012HD

I came here looking for answers to the age old question "Which ground plane is better" and now I'm more confused:confused:. I understand that everybody has a opinion, but I want cold hard facts and data. I currently use a Maco V 5000 and run upward of 2K at times, but I want to ensure I have the best antenna for my needs. I have talked to guys that use the I 10-K and they have nothing but great things to say about them, but I want data. If the comparison is so close I wouldn't know the difference, then I guess I'll stay with the Maco, but if I can get more gain from another antenna, I would like to know about it.
I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience so others may learn.

Galaxy 98VHP
Maco V5000
XForce 60012HD

Bullseye, I have an album with several signal reports that compare some of the antennas I worked with this past summer.
Click on: Worldwide DX Amateur Radio Forums - Ham - CB - HF - VHF - UHF

I have reports for several antennas, but I don't have a V58.

The Marconi 3x and 6x is a home made antenna I make that is similar to a Starduster using up to 7 - 102" stainless steel whips and a mirror mount L-bracket and a home made GPK hub like one on the A99. This hub allows for 3 radials horizontal and/or 3 more slanted down at about 32%.

Marconi6 vs Astro Plane 03 053109.JPG

Last edited:
Bullseye youve already got a good 5/8 that seems to be doing well for you . instead of investing in another ground plane have you considered a set of beams ? 4 elements seems to be the sweep spot for gain vs. price and you dont need a huge expensive rotor for a 4 element .

just an option .....

Marconi and Booty Monster,
Thank you for a quick response. First off I would like to thank Marconi for the great data, it was very helpful. I believe Booty is correct that I should stay with the Maco and invest in a beam, I'm now shopping for a nice four element and trying to convince my wife it wont look that bad hanging over the house.
Thanks again guys(y)

Galaxy 98VHP
Maco V5000
Xforce 60012 HD
hoping for a Beam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.