• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Collins 51J

C2

Aug 3, 2005
Anyone guess the value of these?

I might get one. Not sure which model in the series, however. Probably the 51J-4.

I can't give you an exact figure, but they aren't getting any cheaper. The last one I saw was around $500 on rec.radio.amateur.equipment. They've been going up steadily recently.

CWM

Know who else loves Collins gear? :D Joe Walsh of the band, "The Eagles"!! ("Take it Easy" and "Hotel California")

If you want to get into an email exchange with Joe about radio, just mention "Collins" and AM operations!!~
A friend of mine had a KW1 (current cost of one of those is over $20,000 :shock: ) Nope, it isn't a typo! Not too many of them exist anymore! Maybe less than 100? I'm guessing, of course. There used to be a magazine where all the serial numbers were listed + the names of the owners. I got to run some neat CW on James' KW1. SWEEEEEEET! (No, I don't have a Hemi) :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.