• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Conversation area?

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
I wanted to try and start a conversation, but I've never been successful. Can somebody tell we how and what this function does.

BTW what does Star conversation and UnStar conversation mean...I click on both and they don't seem to make any difference either.

How does the site know who we want to have a conversation with. I went to several folks name and clicked there and a window opened that had conversation or start a conversation among other information...but nothing happens when I setup to have a conversation.

I checked all of the posts in the help section, but I found nothing on conversations.

conversations are the same as PM's.
to start a convo (send a pm) click on the envelope up top next to your name and click on start a conversation.
type in the member name in the participant section, put a title or subject in the conversation subject line.
type your message in the standard text area.
click the start conversation button to send your pm / start the conversation.

when / if you get a reply, the envelope up top will have a small number next to it letting you know how many you have received. I'll send you one so you can see.

starring a conversation is a tracking filtering tool to help you keep track of the important ones.

you might have a bigger problem that needs a mod to check. I tried sending you pm and got this.
xx.png

I wondered why I couldn't start a convo just by clicking on your pic like I have others. this might explain your issues.

On your personal settings, check the privacy page. Down at the bottom is the conversation setting. It gives you two options for conversation, "all members" or "only people you follow." If its on only people you follow, it would block every one except for the people you follow. If you have to change it to "all members," make sure you click the "save changes" tab at the bottom of the page.
Hope that helps ya marconi

Guess I'm blocked.
Hey Mudfoot, Sideways is right...I had my setting set to not allow conversations with all members.

I understand what blocking means, but I haven't used the feature and I sure wouldn't block you.

I wanted to try and start a conversation, but I've never been successful. Can somebody tell we how and what this function does.

BTW what does Star conversation and UnStar conversation mean...I click on both and they don't seem to make any difference either.

How does the site know who we want to have a conversation with. I went to several folks name and clicked there and a window opened that had conversation or start a conversation among other information...but nothing happens when I setup to have a conversation.

I checked all of the posts in the help section, but I found nothing on conversations.
Tried to start a conversation with you a couple of weeks ago. I could not get through. Lost your email address. Wanted to send you pics of my new quad antenna. This site will not let me upload photos from this phone anymore. 73's

Last edited:
Tried to start a conversation with you a couple of weeks ago. I could not get through. Lost your email address. Wanted to send you pics of my new quad antenna. This site will not let me upload photos from this phone anymore. 73's

Same here , I tried to send you a message after you won the contest an " No Dice " ! I figured it was in your settings .

I think I had some setting somewhere that prevented me from starting a conversation for some reason.

I'm still not sure what's going on. I have never had anybody blocked, and I sure didn't restrict anybody from contacting me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.