• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A Phantom Amplifier

reddog45

Jun 13, 2011
I have a phantom amplifier that has one very very weak final tube according to my tube tester. It is a 10 tube phantom...4 6LQ6 driving 6 6MJ6 tubes. Heres the question. My radio (11 meters) dead keys 2 watts, and swings about 18-20 on the dosy. The amp, with the one bad tube keys about 200 and swings about 675-700. What should I expect the PEP out put to be after I replace the tube? I have saw on other posts 800 watts, all the way up to 1500 watts. I think 1500 is out of the question for this amp unless you drive it way too hard. I'm just looking for opinions. I will post pics a little later.

I have a phantom amplifier that has one very very weak final tube according to my tube tester. It is a 10 tube phantom...4 6LQ6 driving 6 6MJ6 tubes. Heres the question. My radio (11 meters) dead keys 2 watts, and swings about 18-20 on the dosy. The amp, with the one bad tube keys about 200 and swings about 675-700. What should I expect the PEP out put to be after I replace the tube? I have saw on other posts 800 watts, all the way up to 1500 watts. I think 1500 is out of the question for this amp unless you drive it way too hard. I'm just looking for opinions. I will post pics a little later.
I maybe incorrect, but these are no drive amps! I have the 10 & 12 tuber. Thats about right on the PEP, if it were me, I would swap the week final tube & use one of the driver tubes...but bleed the tubes down first. Just my thoughts. NEVER drive a 6lq6 with more than 5 watts.

Reactions: beachboy
D@A phantom

I Have one of these with fresh tubes and caps running a connex 4800 dxl,dk 2watts swinging 18watts on low(radio) I get 250 swinging 800 on high(amplifier).Connex on high 8watts swinging 25watts amplifier on high dk about 500 swings 850 all Dosy watts.On my Bird 43 tad over 500watts all day long! Many hours on this setup...Tough 3 stage amp!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned