• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Did you know?

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
That in Nebraska it is illegal to only have a catalytic converter on your truck and not a muffler. I went down to were i use to live and i drove my friends 95 ford that have a cat on it that was put in by the pros and Dawson tires and they said that it was perfectly legal to have just the cats on and not have a muffler on at the same time. Well we swithced trucks with my friends G/F and she got pulled over. The people up at the lake turned us in. But what i dont get is other people have louder trucks than his, Some just run headers but they dont get pulled over. I use to drive my truck around town and it had headers on it and it was twice as loud as that truck and never got pulled over. But is it the same in other states? Do you have to have a catalytic converter AND a muffler on at the same time?

Pa passed a law that during inspection the vehicle has to have the same system that was on it from factory. A lot of tricked trucks and cars that put on the headers and such couldn't pass inspection.

In Wisconsin the state law says you cannot have an exhaust system that is different from the stock factory system. They do not always enforce it. The law is there for them to use when they want to...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Converters? Mufflers? LMAO

IN dropped safety inspection years ago. A few counties have sniffer tests, about 85 don't

nite-eagle said:
In Wisconsin the state law says you cannot have an exhaust system that is different from the stock factory system. They do not always enforce it. The law is there for them to use when they want to...

I think this is the norm for all states...Most(that dont have inspections) dont enforce it

Also by federal law a turbo is considered a mechanical sound dampening device hence if you have a turbo no muffler is required.

Although any vehicle that was originally equiped with a convertor must retain it by federal law.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.