• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

does it sound close to spec ??

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
Today i finished cleaning my FT101-E and got it on June 26 it was dusty inside and the bottom needed cleaning too. I checked the tubes and they seem in good condition. On AM 110ma setting, which is equivalent to around 10 watts, I am able to talk at a power level of close to 28 average watts. On SSB, I am able to talk close to 150 PEP. does that sound like in the ballpark?

Depending on the wattmeter that does not sound out of line per se. I have a EE model that puts out about 130pep on SSB. AM is around 50 watts pep from as low as I can run the carrier.

Depending on the wattmeter that does not sound out of line per se. I have a EE model that puts out about 130pep on SSB. AM is around 50 watts pep from as low as I can run the carrier.
yes that's about what i see also on am pep on bird meter i went ahead and purchase a new set of tubes just to have for backup

Reactions: Holydvr
It's analog. Numerous tweaks can make a 10% difference. The investment in following the full alignment procedure might pay off, might not if it only got you from 100 Watt peaks to 130 Watt peaks. You won't know until you have done it.

And if it gets 100 Watt peaks now, I would worry about this when it falls to around 80. Not so much on account of the power, but tubes become more prone to breakdown at that end stage of life.

Reactions: 1iwilly and Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.