• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dual band antenna with 3/8 mounting.

If you are trying to use your 3/8 mount you may be out of luck. There are adapters to go from 3/8 to NMO but none that I know of from NMO to 3/8. Sorry, but I couldn't find any either. You are probably better off getting a new mount and buy any antenna you want instead of restricting your selection.

For the life of me I can't find a 146 / 440 antenna for the mobile but with the standard 3/8 thread. Any ideas??

Since those type antennas usually require a tapped loading or matching coil they need a connection to ground at the base. The standard 3/8 mount does not provide that connection hence the lack of antennas for 2m/70cm with that kind of base connector.

You could go with a 1/4 wave 2 Meter whip with a 3/8-24 mount. A 1/4 wave at 2M is equal to 3/4 wave at UHF: Hence a dual band antenna. Only catch is the gain is 0 dB at 2M and 1.5 dB at UHF. Not high gain, but workable.

Mike

Hi......
Im new here and too happy to join your club...also I wonder if it is possible to make VHF/UHF antenna with accessible items...
Thank you

dxChat
Help Users