• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dual Band Mobile Rigs w/X-Band Repeat

Dopple

Apr 9, 2022
So... I'm looking to replace the Yaesu FT-7800 in my wife's vehicle with one that does crossband repeat. If I can find a used FT8800 for a good price in Xenia this year, I'll snag one, but that may be kinda tough. I'd like to stick with something that operates similar to her current rig, since she's been using it since 2008. I'm looking at a few radios other than a Yaesu. Contenders are the TYT 7800/7900 (Heard about issues with the 9800 quad banders, so I think I'm gonna skip those) and the Anytone 5888UV. They both seem to be setup similar to an FT-8800, minus the data port, and come with separation kits, which is important since our radios are underneath the driver's seat floor, and the control heads are mounted on a seat bolt Lido mount.

Anyone know the difference between the 7800 and 7900, they look identical, or have any experience with any of these radios?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.