• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Edison really does respond

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Last week I was getting some really bad noise on any receiver in the house. It was clearly man made and was really harsh. After it didn't go away for a couple days, I went out and decided to DF the source. I found the problem around the corner, no more than 50 yards line of sight from my house...a burnt out street light that was giving off severe RFI. I went home, got on Southern California Edison's web site where they have a form for street lights out. I filled out the form and also indicated the RFI problem and that I had DF'd the source to the light. To my surprise, they were out within two days and fixed the problem! Who woulda thought....

sweet......... i use to live real close to some high tension power lines and a bunch of other lines and street lights and use to have to do that now and then. call them i never would locate it for them. just would say i was getting lots of RFI. from the lines or a street light can you come fix that. just like yours. it would just go away ina few days.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.