• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Employment Satisfaction Poll

Are you satisfied with your job?

• My job not much affected by the recession and I'm happy with my employer

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Ambivalent feelings. work not great but not terrible either.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Hate my job, company and will change jobs but can't tight now.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Job? What job?

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
I own a company that does laser shows, we build all of our projection systems ourselves:

IMG_2235.jpg

WinterWarpdrive4.jpg

WinterWarpdrive3.jpg

WinterWarpdrive2.jpg

ElMonstero2010-5.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

(Always gotta show off a little ;))

We're working currently on getting into the business of medical and industrial RF-excited lasers also, we've got two prototype CO2 laser exciters going (basically a simple RF pulse generator coupled to a kW amplifier) so there is expansion on the horizon.

I also work full-time as a senior IT at a local hospital.. so between my family and these 2 jobs I'm busy constantly. I'm lucky to be able to participate in hobbies at all.

I don't have a whole lot to complain about really (knock on wood).. I get some downtime pretty regularly at my day job, which allows me to stay in touch with my interests and keep in contact with various communities. I do wish I had less student loan debt, since it's eating up a lot of my personal money lately..
A more reasonable use for laser light.

Tattooed Fruit Is on Way - New York Times

Hmm.. never even heard of that before. Seems like a new and probably relatively untapped market, unlike medical lasers where there are many different competitors. Food for thought there for sure...

dxChat
Help Users