• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ept3900 Hifi mods

Abikerlad

Mar 15, 2013
Hi has anyone done the Hifi mods for the ept3900? And does it have more bass and treble or just more of one and not the other?
Thanks

What make/model radio is it?

Goldfinger TX audio mods doesn't have a thing for this chassis.
Sure it isn't a 3600 or a 6900?
Never heard of the 3900 before.

Its a Superstar 3900 EFT.

And what the hell would be the point in doing a "hi-fi" mod when everyone else listening are using unmodified CBs?

No I mean the roll off in the audio circuit makes the sound thin and tinny, lowering down to say 70hz And extending nicely to 4k or 4.5 sounds much nicer.
If you pass a tone generator through on tx on say a pb010ab chassis you can pass upto 4.8k easy.
So looking for more depth really as 4.8k is wide enough for tx on the stock filter.
So a bit of depth in the audio Rx and Tx to get more natural sound would not go a miss.
Otherwise the radio is tiring on the ears.

So a bit of depth in the audio Rx and Tx to get more natural sound would not go a miss.
Otherwise the radio is tiring on the ears.

Ah right. I thought you were another of those ESSB nutters.

You would do far better using external EQ especially as you can get something like a Behringer Xenyx 802 for not a lot of money which you could also use on the TX audio. Its tiring to hear because of the high end hiss in the 3kHz range and extending the bottom end won't help that and extending the upper definitely won't. You don't say what speaker you're listening through but a communications speaker might be better and by communications speaker I mean stuff like the 5" square motorola PBR ones and not the small CB ones.

Alternatively you could try a speaker with AF noise reduction DSP in such as the BHI range.

BHI DSPKR - Quality amplified DSP noise cancellation speaker - Radioworld

He does not show anything special except the blue lightning and s-meter showing less reading

Post the radio brand and model,also the internal board number

Yes I AM ESSB NUTTER ! :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.