• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Export Cb radio power plug upgrade

The 1.3 drop in DC voltage increases the amp draw of every component that gets voltage inside the chassis.
Increasing amperage causes increased heat in components.

Hunh?? Forgive me if I misunderstood you but could you please explain that? Whenever the voltage drops the current also drops in direct proportion. It is one part of Ohm's Laws. How does a voltage DROP cause component current flow to INCREASE? :unsure:

Am I wrong in thinking that a mosfet uses current to do its job?
So if you expected a mosfet fed with 10 volts to perform the same job it is expected to do at 14.1 volts, would not the MOSFETS current soar?

What causes a voltage drop from a power supply when a Sweet Sixteen is keyed?

I know I can’t use a 10 ga wire for the starter feed on my 6.7L Cummins. Won’t pass enough current to satisfy the starter’s requirements and would melt from the heat but will show battery voltage at the starter end of the cable-when not engaged.

I also can’t start my Cummins with a 6 volt battery.

I would imagine if I had a 16.5 volt battery and normal cables the amp draw at the starter would be less than a 12.5v battery.

I very well may be wrong and backwards in my thinking. And probably am.

David

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.