• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

falcon bazooka

well,if falcon is shut down do you know anything about the double bazooka antenna in general..i guess alot of people homebrew these style of antennas..

well,if falcon is shut down do you know anything about the double bazooka antenna in general..i guess alot of people homebrew these style of antennas..

I have not tried one or built one but the reviews speak for itself.

Supposed to be broadbanded, and after that anything else is downhill.

A double bazooka antenna is a 1/2 wave dipole fed in a different manner. It behaves, or radiates the same as a dipole and has the same characteristics. It has two qualities that are probably not so beneficial. One is that they are heavier than a plain old wire dipole, and two, while an SWR meter will show that it has a wide 2:1 frequency range, that usable range for efficiency drops off just like a regular dipoles does, only the SWR doesn't appear to be as 'bad'.
They've been around for something like 60 - 70 years, and were originally used as radar antennas by the army. There have been several reviews of them, probably the best was written in the 70 - 80's and is (was) included in the ARRL's Antenna Compendium series.
They work. If the idea is something you'd like to try, then do so. There's nothing really 'mysterious' about them, they're just different.
- 'Doc

i knowed i shoutna doed it but i doed it anyways..just ordered it for 31 bucks..facinated with the different configurations u can do with this antenna and sapposed to be realy a quite antenna..the locals here have home brews of this style and sound good..i want to experiment also with a inverted v .... if proofs to be worthless you can bye my antenna on ebay for 60.00....lol..

Whelp,,i doed it now i wished i wouldntna..cant get a swr below a 3 no matter what configuration i use,,inverted v,,horizontal,verticle....pretty much garbage..but to answer one of the replies though,,yes they are still in business though i dont know how..guess im lucky i didnt buy it myself,my wife got it for me as a b,day present..if u come across one of these dont walk but run like the wind and dont look back....

well,finaly got a decent swr and have the antenna in the slope position..got swr down by folding each leg back on itself a couple inches and mounting in the slope position..1.5 both ends..not noteworthy preformance but then its not high up eigther..next experiment will be a v beam or aka horizontal v....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.