• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FATBOY AMPS.

ray

BANNED
Jan 23, 2011
I got one of these amps from a friend. Need some imfo. on it. It just says FATBOY on the front has a blue light in the middle has on and off in the upper right corner.And hi and low in the left corner.He says its runs 240 amps?? is this true..PS it is black.:whistle::unsure:

I got one of these amps from a friend. Need some imfo. on it. It just says FATBOY on the front has a blue light in the middle has on and off in the upper right corner.And hi and low in the left corner.He says its runs 240 amps?? is this true..PS it is black.:whistle::unsure:

Maybe it is a power supply

240 amps?? Perhaps you mean it puts out 240 watts or that it runs on 240 volts AC as a base amplifier? for an amplifier to draw 240 amps it would have to be a BIG amplifier.

look at the picture that is attached to this post.

take the cover off the amplifier and tell us how many of those things are inside your amp.

they are the power transistors and are commonly referred to as "pills" because they looks somewhat like an aspirin.

if there are two of them, you can probably run that amplifier off of your 30 amp power supply as long as you dont drive it too hard.

you should get anywhere from 180-200 watts out of it, maybe more depending on how its driven.

i noticed you said you had a 30 watt power supply.
did you by chance mean 30 amps?

amps are the current that the power supply puts out and the amplifier uses to produce watts.

good luck with it.
LC

Attachments

• 2879.jpg
    2879.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 244

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.