• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Releases Warning Notices to Several Radio Amateurs

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
The FCC Enforcement Bureau has made public several warning notices issued over the past few months to radio amateurs. A couple of the letters from Special Counsel Laura Smith involved alleged infractions on 20 meters. On April 15, the FCC wrote Larry S. King, KI8NGS, of Owosso, Michigan, regarding failure to properly follow station identification rules on March 21. Smith told King that he was m...

More...

Both of the guys in Michigan are within a hour drive from here.
Pretty dumb to violate someone for forgetting to id at 10 mins time.
Although a rule is a rule.
I see that many times on 2 meters.

Reactions: 1 person
This ID thing is pretty serious. Glad the FCC is focusing it's time and efforts on this and not on the illegal amp makers out there openly selling 12kw CB amps on their websites. Makes perfect sense just like everything else the government does.. It's a little like ticketing a jay walker while ignoring a crack dealer on the opposite corner 20 feet away selling crack from his crack stand with a big neon sign. Am I putting too fine a point on this?

Reactions: 2 people
Amp makers usually have money and can afford people like Shioda to fight the man.

Fat ignorant, non Id'ing hams are poor, easy pickens.

Last edited:
Hey! Not a fan of amps. I only represented one radio dealer and that was because he wasn't actually selling the amps. He only had an old flier in his shop from a few years back and the agent fined him for "advertising" amps. Surprisingly, it actually went to court and the judge kicked the case because he wasn't given a written citation before being fined.

well. I'm l'm glad she slapped rsy...... he is one of the frequency cops on .313 and a certain 40 meter freq too.

has a big amp and likes to flap his lips and QRM other stations. DEMANDING that they ID any time he wants them too, ect. he also seems to like to drink a LOT, even in the afternoon he seems to be drunk and slurring his words 7200 khz usb coms - The RadioReference.com Forums

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.