• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

fm

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
whats the most popular fm freqs..never hear anyone on that mode..maybe just not enough range on that mode,dont know.

you cant use fm on cb or hf for that matter, it excedes bandwith limitations set by the fcc. uhf/ vhf useage is most common. police use fm, as well as 2m operators.

The range on FM isn't significantly different from the range on any other mode. FM has a greater bandwidth, however, which is why it's used mostly on VHF and above.

There's a narrow area at the high end of ten meters where FM is sometimes heard (I operate there once in a while just to see that my rig still works in that mode).

Ten Meter Band Plan

i have a converted 10 meter what freq do the hams use for fm? i figure it would be alright just to listen..

29.620 is a repeater in New York that is quite active and when the band is open I hear people coming in from all over.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.