• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

For Trade: Cobra 148GTL / The Mod / FC390 Counter

wcsd106

Nov 19, 2009
This past winter I set up this Cobra 148GTL with a brand new "The Mod" board and a used FC390 counter. I had intended on putting this in my pickup truck and using it for both CB and the lower part of 10m SSB.

A few months ago at a hamfest, I picked up a HR2510 and have since been going back and forth as to which radio I wanted to use in the truck. I have decided I would be happier with the HR2510 in the pickup.

This 148 has a mildly open clarifier.. about 6kc down and 4kc up. It has been aligned and is working good. Frequency coverage is -15 (26.815) to 172 (28.725) picks up all the "A" channels.

This is the newest version of "The Mod" board, was a very easy and simple install. The only modification I made was when I was having trouble getting the VR adjusted correctly on the mod board. It wanted to dance in and out, so I replaced the VR with a 15 turn 10k pot for better stability. This was under the advice of db in "The Mod" chatroom.

I am looking to trade this radio for a RCI2950DX or a NICE older RCI2950. With 10m being open lately, I've got the bug again.

Please contact me here or via email at patriot.electronics@gmail.com

Please be prepared to send pictures of what you have for trade. Thanks again
Will also sell for $250 shipped if someone would like to go that route.

148m1.jpg

148m2.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.