• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-101B RX/TX

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Tonight I had a problem happen all the sudden. I checked into a net after doing my tuning. When I tuned to the others they said I was off on transmission. We were at 3.803 . I had to tune around 3.804 for them to hear me on freq.( My back dial may need adjusted , it may not be reading correctly. These are adjustable) This left them sounding high pitched to me . When checking the clarifier from off to zero there is a change that wasn't there before. If I put the clarifier to 0 they sound pretty much on. But when I turn the clarifier off they are off freq to me . The 0 and off positions are to be the same . Would this be remedied by adjusting the pot for the clarifier adjustment ?

Last edited:

From the sound of it, a re-alignment/calibration might be in order. Not all that unusual about older radios at all. One of the reasons why the 'old style' radios went out of use in favor of the 'newer' style. Oh, you'll have fun with that!
- 'Doc

Thanks guys. I did find this in my manual . It pretty well describes the problem. I guess I'll give it a try .

[FONT=&quot] 9. CLARIFIER ADJUSTMENT
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] The frequencies coincide at CLARIFIER control OFF and
0 position in the receive mode. I f not, adjust potentio-
meter VR3 located near the clarifier control potentio-
meter under the main chassis
[/FONT]

Sometimes that pot VR3 can get dirty and will cause the freq to jump around especially if you bump the radio. Give it a shot of cleaner and readjust it and you will be good for years to come.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.