• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT857D powermod

ON_five_RZ

Nov 28, 2008
Hej,

I have a FT857D from Yaesu and tried al the tricks found out on the web to get 100w on vhf. Opened up nearly everything and tried to enhance the settings in the service menu relating to the power on VHF but no succes. I think it must be one of the models that can't be powermodded..

raf.

Reactions: 1 person

Hi On5RZ,

I have never heard that these rigs can be made to go from 50 to 100 watts on VHF. They should have separate finals for HF & VHF, and the VHF final may only be a 50 watt final. Just guessing here.

Find out the model number of the VHF final that's in it and look up the specs. If it is a 100 watt final, then the circuit should be tweakable or modifyable to produce 100.

good luck!

interview.gif

The links to the mod are here:
Yaesu FT-857D (FT 857 D FT857D) transceivers mods reviews software and diagrams

I applied changes to the menu as mentioned in the link above several times in the past without any success. No power increase above their published MAX on neither HF, VHF nor UHF. If I turn the value down, power goes down accordingly.. Other settings do affect their thingie such as ALC or MOD.

Another rig of mine the ft817 does seems to go up to 7.5 watt but kept it on a max of 5 watt for reasons mentioned above that accordingly do apply to the 857 also. Serial number of the rig begins with 7G760xxx. Softjump doesn't work. Just wanted to find out if it goes any higher hi..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.