• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350 and TNC KISS emulation

depark

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 17, 2010
Kelowna, BC
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert the data comming from the built in TNC on the FTM-350? I have the usb data cable pluged into my radio and my laptop. I can get it to work well with UI-View and APRSIS32. No problems at all. I want to use that conection with AGWPE but it requires a KISS TNC. The reason is that I have a custom map set for AGWTracker and is much preferable program to use. I can use AGWPE with my soundcard but I don't like that interface. So in short FTM-350 > Convert to KISS > AGWPE via virtual comm port.
I have tried to find an inexpensive TNC but I can't find one that will connect to the FTM-350.
Thanks for any sugestions.

You can't use the TNC in the FTM-350 for KISS. It's only for the built in APRS functionality.

Using an external TNC should just be a matter of making a cable for the radio and TNC. What have you looked at the doesn't work with that rig?

Using an external TNC should just be a matter of making a cable for the radio and TNC. What have you looked at the doesn't work with that rig?

That is my problem, finding a cable that will work with the FTM-350. I can't find anyone that makes one. I amnot partcular about which TNC I just hope to only spend $100 or less. Ant sugestions on the cable and a quality TNC?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.