• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fun with guns

What is your general view on the right to keep and bear arms?

• Civilians have every right to keep AND bear (carry) arms

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I've been going through lots of old home video from years back, and capturing such bits as I think worthy of saving for DVD or other digital use. I came across this little tidbit of some July 4th fun from about 10 or so years ago. I'm the one firing the AK47 in the 2nd part of the clip. I'm posting this just to see what gets stirred up. By the way, I cut my hair quite short now, NOT like in this video clip.

If you guys get a kick out of this, I'll post a clip where the M60 dude is firing it straight at me from point blank range (and I live to talk about it)

Dave,
I had a clip here on the PC awhile back of a guy on a range that shot a new & improved M60....continuous fire, non stop, 850 rounds. Took something like 1 min. 45 sec. if I remember right.

Have you seen the new weapon that the military has that shoots around a corner and has a video camera that also looks around the corner while firing?

Many a CB Radio tech are into fire arms . Between the RF and the every other day cb bozo that tends to get under ones skin , I often think the thought presents itself. :x I worked for Joe at J&S CB Radio & Guns back in the early 90s in San Gabriel . So.Cal , back when Rodney King riots took place , we were only a few miles east from those , what a erie site that was ,we could see smoke rolling down our blvd from even miles away ,(a war zone comes to mind) ole Joe was ready to go !! He had a gun in every corner of the shop as well as the house in the back. IM personally not into guns myself ,but then again ,IM not into killing anything either (other then a fish but I do eat meat all the same) I don't have a problem with folks owning guns either or if I truly needed to protect myself from the elements of crap if that were to come down , as long as they don't shot me with it !! and I would think I was good to go as long as i was a good little boy within my area of life ......there really isn't any garentees on that either . There's a lot of crazed people in this world. Guns do nothing for me personally , my father left me many after he passed (may he rest in peace) I held on to them for many years after that and then sold them to a sane person (I can only hope he stays that way) :) ......I must admit though , if it were my choice , I would just assume to have a good supply of gernades , there easier and I just might get a few of you at one time if need be. Well ,I suppose IM no more a man with or without a gun and I chose not to. To each his or her own , IM really not a war here in So.Cal , even though politically it might seem to be from time to time. Peace

linearone said:
the way you were holding the AK looked like it had one of those rebounding type "full auto " trigger things... you know, the thing that clamps to the trigger guard and captures your index finger so when it recoils your figer rebounds and pulls it a second time...

like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_trigger

What I had on was a mix of a Hellfire and a Hellstorm. I used the torsion paddle from one and mixed it into the other. I forget which one was switched, though, its been a while.

Switch Kit said:
I worked for Joe at J&S CB Radio & Guns back in the early 90s in San Gabriel . So.Cal , back when Rodney King riots took place , we were only a few miles east from those

I was in Underground Atlanta when the RK riots broke out in that city. I was lucky enough to get out with no injuries, but that was an experience.

I got royaly ripped a couple of years ago by the police for killing a wild dog that was about to attack me. They said it was illegal to discharge a fire arm in the county (i was out of the city limits). That's pretty bad when someone can't defend themselfs.

park said:
I got royaly ripped a couple of years ago by the police for killing a wild dog that was about to attack me. They said it was illegal to discharge a fire arm in the county (i was out of the city limits). That's pretty bad when someone can't defend themselfs.

I'm really stuck on this one; That happened in Texas?

I don't know if Texas has "concealed carry" laws or can you openly carry as long as it is in the open or was it a long barreled weapon used around the property to hunt or what?

Everyone should have the right to be safe but, I'm sure that there is a balancing act; your personal concerns versus the saftey and rights of others and, I don't think that the others felt to safe with you drawing down and shooting wild dogs in the streets.

Even if the Wild Dog tried to carjack you, you would still have to go through the legal process and prove that it was self defense and not something else.

It's legal to hunt Coyote all year round in Ohio, just not within the limits of the incorporated areas (villages, towns and cities).

park said:
Man - that sucks!
That wouldn't happen around here. You can discharge any firearm in the county here, if you couldn't, then there would be no hunting of any kind in the whole county!
I live just 2 blocks from a main city street here, no problem ever taking a coyote coming thru the area, wheather it's day time or night time.

DXman said:
park said:
Man - that sucks!
That wouldn't happen around here. You can discharge any firearm in the county here, if you couldn't, then there would be no hunting of any kind in the whole county!
I live just 2 blocks from a main city street here, no problem ever taking a coyote coming thru the area, wheather it's day time or night time.
That's the way it use to be around here but a lot has changed in and around Austin, TX. It is illegal to discharge a fire arm in Travis county, but a mile away in Caldwell county it's no problem.

not allowed to fire any guns around here
in middle of city here
would get you free room and board for awhile if you did so..lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.