• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GALAXY 919

The XYL had one in her truck for about a year, until she decided my 979 was prettier. Good solid radio.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

For just a 40 channel AM'er they are a nice little radio that tunes up well. I would take one over a new Cobra 29 any day.

Reactions: 2 people
They're a good sounding radio with audio potential. I've never had a dissatisfied 919/929/939/979 customer, except for the occasional, "hey, there's a little buzzing sound when I turn up the back light". That EL produces around 60 or so volts AC.

Fortunately, you have the 919 w/o the backlight. Get a different mic.

CbRadiosPRONTO

ive encountered the noise from these rigs also.

i have found that in my 929, there is one wire that is in the bundle behind the meter that is picking up the noise. a grey wire if i remember correctly.

move this wire to a different area and the noise quiets down.
wish i could remember more specifics, but this was a few years ago.
LC

Instead of sticking an ear piece in your ear, the radio plays the caller over the speaker and you talk into the microphone. Personally, I don't really like the quality.
Mi do, however, love the All-In-One BlueTooth headset that works with your cb and phone. I've been using it with all my setups, Optima, Galaxy, Cobra. Just plug in the 4 pin BlueTooth box to the radio mic jack and you're done. To talk, press the PTT button and talk into the headset like you're on the phone b the sound quality of the microphone is fantastic. It sounds as good as the astatic 636, ranger 198 an better than the new road kings.

CbRadiosPRONTO

Been looking at those cobra bluetooth headsets myself. Tried the bearcat wireless mic and it's not bad, just had to open the mic hole some. Would like to use one for the magnum 257hp. It's hard to beat the stock mic though as it's a power mic. Will have to pick one up I guess. How is the receive quality of the headset? That is my biggest quarrel with wearing an ear piece is the freq. response is usually too high with not enough low tones. Thanks for any and all responses. God bless.

Fortunately, you still use the radio's speaker for listening to the cb. I normally run with the head set around my neck and the boom mic in front if my lips. That way I don't have something over my year all the time. If the phone rings, I just throw it on my head and roll.

Interesting to see how well it does with the 257. I use it with my optima. I always have a 4 to 8 pin adaptor hanging out of my optima so I. Can use any mic. I use a 10" mic extension lil this http://www.a1telecom.com/theshop/workman-cp4-10-4-pin-microphone-extension-cord.html and install an 8 pin end to go into the optima. I think 4 wires are soldered.

CbRadiosPRONTO

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.