• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX-2517 adjacent channel receive issue

Hawkeye351

Jun 27, 2021
Got a Galaxy DX 2517 (mosfet version) on the desk. One of my previous works.

Issue:
Owner claims the frequency counter would switch through frequencies all by itself while just receiving. Did not affect the actual receive or transmit frequency, radio still received and transmitted on right frequency, just the counter by itself would change for no reason.

Had it hooked up and turned on for 3 days straight and it has never once done what he claims, heck...not even the last digit will flicker, it's rock solid. Wiggled wires, checked plug in connectors and other terminations, checked solder joints, etc...nothing...freq counter is rock solid.

Although I did notice one issue I never heard of, strange.
If I'm on 26.965 listening to my locals, I can also hear them perfectly clear with same signals regardless of how strong their signal is, on 26.955. Same for channel 6, I can hear those guys crystal clear with same signals on channel 5. Same with channel 40, I can hear those locals crystal clear with same signals on channel 39, regardless of how strong they are on 40.

I've went over alignment, perfect, dead on the money, couldn't ask for any better. Checked receive with generator, it's perfect, couldn't ask for any better, in all modes.

This radio isn't that old, this owner is the 2nd owner since it was purchased new a few years back. No hacks, snips, etc...in this radio at all.

Any ideas guys/gals?
Anyone here ever run into this issue?

Last edited:

It is most likely the channel selector as 999 said. Or one of the inputs to the PLL from the channel selector is missing and/or wired wrong.......... or a diode or pulldown resistor is shorted or open. Was it previously modified with a 10 KHz switch ? If it was, that's where I would start looking.......

Reactions: Hawkeye351
Came factory with a 10khz switch. I'll check PLL voltages and get back with y'all.

Seriously though, this is strange to me, lol...

Reactions: 999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.