• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GMRS transmit problem

JVT

Jan 2, 2012
Our club is on 17.1 and they all use the garmin rhino GMRS radios . The frequency is 462.600 for that channel . I put that frequency in but they can't recieve me . I have no trouble recieving them. They are not on a repeater and the distance is close. I am transmitting fine on the 462.6 .
what am I doing wrong?

transmit problems

no one has any idea?
can you tell me how they set up the china radios maybe I can try the same?
could it be frs they are useing and not GMRS?
jim

gmrs transmit problems

If I set it up channel 17 only it is fine. The .1 is the killer
can it be set to do the tone and what is it? Garmin rhino manual is of no help.
Jim

Get them to use no "sub channel(s)" as in PL tones or figure out the PL tones that correspond to the "sub channel" they are using. I came across a list some one else did but don't remember where or when. Try searching the web for the info.
BTW the sub channels may not be the same from one manufacturer to the other on those "bubble pack" radios.

What radio (make and model) are you using? Some radios are capable of scanning the PL tones or the sub channels in your case. Another possibility, depending on your radio, may be the transmit frequency and the receive frequency don't match or is missing.

gmrs

I got the garmin tones and set it up in my TH-D72 kenwood but haven't got a chance to try it.thanks

462.6 rx/tx ctcss 67hz

Page 101-102
Code:
http://www.buytwowayradios.com/products/garmin/manuals/Rino-120-manual.pdf

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.