• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

good place too order a 10k ?

so whats special/different about the antenna you got him 555 ? i know kale came out with a different slightly longer main coil a few months ago . is that what you got him ? just curious...... also.......is the fine tuning something other than tuning/adjusting the stinger length like every other antenna ?
your post gives the impression that he got something no one else does because its custom for him . what makes it different from what i or anyone else can buy from kale ? thanks

it was costing to much to keep gorilla snot in the tires its was oozing out from the inside walls

i had a little red wagon with my amp in the wagon with my radio and driver on the riding mower pulling the wagon

but it didnt like that idea and my neck was sure getting a rf burn

555 "this is a custom antenna just for your needs
im sure theres not many like this one
kale tinkered an toyed around 2 hours with this and we thinkn we got you fixed up"

555 "yep its a custom setup
i called kale with the specs he pondered about it we talke dabout it for a while then he siad he would call me back
after a few hours kale calls me back and whamo it tuned out flat on his setup
so when you put it on your mobile you will only have to do some fine tuning."

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

so whats special/different about the antenna you got him 555 ? i know kale came out with a different slightly longer main coil a few months ago . is that what you got him ? just curious...... also.......is the fine tuning something other than tuning/adjusting the stinger length like every other antenna ?
your post gives the impression that he got something no one else does because its custom for him . what makes it different from what i or anyone else can buy from kale ? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
still havent got it up haha maybe tomorrow.......i need too drill a hole in my cab for the coax cause right now im just shutting it in the door and i dont wanna do that with the good coax 555 sent me :) also i gotta change my battery terminals before i hook up my amp.......and its still cold here in canada :) once get it up ill send my custom mount pics

you are mounting it to the cab?????
thought you were going to mount to the toolbox

if mini trucker wants anyone to know then he can measure it and give the dimensions

mounting too my rollbar down low....when i bought the antenna i thought i was gonna put on another truck i got but i didnt get it on the road im welding a steel plate on the rollbar and gonna make it so the coil is above the cab

Higher the better with the coil. If running power your get a lot less reflect the higher the coil sits.
Also know that if the coil gets out of shape your swr will change.
Try and keep the overall distance the same between the top and bottom coil, in other words don't let the coil expand or shrink in height.

so the antenna mount is about even with the top of cab then you gonna put your 10k we specail built for you on top of that?/
whew what a setup thats gonna be

and HEY quit slammin the door on the coax:glare::glare:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.