• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Good thing they had a good radio! Amazing story!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
This is an amazing story! I was going to repost this here (with permission) but it's just too long. This is about a sport fishing vessel that got trapped off the coast of Mexico. Without their radio they would have been in big trouble. It makes me never want to leave home without one!

Senor Hefe - Bloodydecks.com

very good point, moleculo. i NEVER leave home without my cb, even if it's just my handheld realistic trc-207. call my a cb nerd, but when your $400 cell phone has no service, i can still get out on my walkie talkie, lol.

Funny how the USCG said that the federallies would be in violation of the law for boarding a foreign vessel in international waters yet the USCG does it all the time. :confused: Glad it worked out for them.

I think it's pretty funny that after calling the CG, the next thing they thought about was fishing......

....typical fisherman!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.