• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Google ads bothering me

uh, guys, freecell is right here.

this has nothing to do with the moderators, or the owners. this is an internet thing.
if you are seeing ads, the only place to do something about it is at your terminal.

i am not a paid member of the forum (YET!), and i do not see any ads.
none. 0.
no pop ups either.

i use mozilla firefox for my browser, and i erased every bit of internet explorer form my computer that it would let me.

not sure why people are reluctant to change over to firefox, ive been nothing but extremely pleased with it since i switched over two years ago.

just another 2 cents,
LC

There will always be ads they seem that they will never go away :angry: But then again ads are what keep alot of things up and running rather there good or bad.

I have not tried this myself as i do not have a problem but it may work.I found it on the internet so it must be true isn't it? (y)

Stopping Google Ads with the Hosts File All the Google text ads seem to come from the address pagead2.googlesyndication.com. If we place that name in the Windows Hosts file and point it to a dummy address then the Google ads will not appear.First though, we need to locate the hosts file. Here is the usual location for the major Windows versions:Windows 9x, ME C:\WINDOWS
Windows NT (and some 2K) C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc
Windows 2K, XP, 2003 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etcThe Hosts file is simply called "HOSTS" and has no file extension.It's a simple text file and must only be changed with a plain text editor like Notepad and never a word processing program such as MS Word.First, we need to open the Hosts file in Notepad. If you don't know how to do that then locate the Hosts file in Windows Explorer and right-click on it. Select "Open" and then check "Select the program from a list." You'll then be presented with list of programs; select Notepad. You should now see a simple text file.Go to the first blank line at the bottom of the file and type in this entry:127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.comMake sure you leave no blank lines before this entry.Just save the file and you are finished. Saving this change may spark an alert from your anti-spyware software but it's OK, just approve the change.If you've followed the instructions carefully you should never see Google AdSense text ads again. If at a future stage you want to see the ads again, just use Notepad to delete the line you just added.The same technique can be used to block other advertising servers, malicious spyware or sites containing inappropriate material. In fact a number of folks offer free downloads of Hosts files containing thousand of entries of such unwanted sites.

i can block the ads with AVAST ANTI-VIRUS..

but since the owners are using GOOGLES sponsored links to generate
revenue, isnt this hurting them in the long run?

its like stealing cable or satelite tv :thumbdown:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.