• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grant 2 New Problem

AL567

Aug 3, 2013
Tennessee
About a week ago when I was leaving for work one morning I noticed that my grant 2 was turned ON. At first I thought I accidentally left it on from the day before so I reached down to turn it off but the problem is it was already turned off. It must have lit up in the middle of the night. The volume and squelch work as they should but when I turn the knob to click it in the off position it just stays on. I can't figure out what happened. I unplugged the power for a few hours with the crazy idea it might reset something but that didn't work. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? If it's a simple solution I may pursue getting it fixed but if not so simple I may just get another one. I'm not interested in adding a switch to the radio to control the power because I want the problem corrected. It's too nice of a radio to start throwing extra switches on it to turn off the power. Any thoughts on a solution?

Last edited:

Unless that radio has a soft start circuit built in it (possible; but not likely); then it is most likely the on/off switch itself. Probably defective; and probably under warranty. I would take it that route . . .

Not sure about the warranty being valid because of the radio itself . The owner manual states "warranty valid in country of purchase" Would it be worth pursuing is the question.

I thought Presidents warranty was only valid if using a President branded antenna or was that only for the Stinking II?

Reactions: jazzsinger
Yes that's correct if the "antenna" is the origin of the problem. Manual states if the antenna is the origin of the problem then it is covered by warranty only if it's a president antenna. if it's a problem in another area not related to the origin of the antenna then it should not matter who the mfg of the antenna is. That's the way I understand the wording. But with that said, being here in the states the warranty is probably a very long shot at best anyway. but I knew going into it that it was a gamble to purchase this particular radio as far as warranty is concerned but that's just one of those risk we take. It's still a shame though. I've got a galaxy 99v2 and a 980 I liked the grant the best of the three.

Yes that's correct if the "antenna" is the origin of the problem. Manual states if the antenna is the origin of the problem then it is covered by warranty only if it's a president antenna. if it's a problem in another area not related to the origin of the antenna then it should not matter who the mfg of the antenna is. That's the way I understand the wording. But with that said, being here in the states the warranty is probably a very long shot at best anyway. but I knew going into it that it was a gamble to purchase this particular radio as far as warranty is concerned but that's just one of those risk we take. It's still a shame though. I've got a galaxy 99v2 and a 980 I liked the grant the best of the three.

I sent mine back to France and they fixed it for free and paid shipping back to me'

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.