• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Guns are people too

Several years ago, my ex-wife was shooting my 303 British Enfield (with the brass buttplate on stock) left handed. As she started to pull the trigger, I stopped her and told her that she'd better put it on her shoulder better (you had to see how she had it to appreciate what I mean) she told me that she knew what she was doing. Ok.... so she pulls the trigger and the recoil sends the butt of the gun from partly off her shoulder, to the crease of her elbow! I caught the rifle before it hit the ground (yep, she let go of it) She jumped/danced around shouting some very colorful words, after I calmed her down, I looked at her arm....black and blue from outer edge of shoulder to crease of elbow. Needless to say she would never shoot that rifle again, but had no problem with the SKS, MAK-90, Mossburg 12, ect. Just the 303, and if I could have caught that on film ;)

Sonwatcher said:
I have a shotgun, 50 cal Blackpowder rifle 44 caliber revolver 22 rifle. The one that nailed me was a 7mm08. I was aiming at a groundhog about 200 yards out through my upstairs window. I didn't realize I was close to the scope and Bam ! it nailed me. Dropped me to my knees. A week later my eye was just as sore as the day it happened. LOL ! By the way has anyone shot the new S&W 500 revolver ?
I was~15 when a friend let me shoot his 30'06, I had no clue about the recoil and was nearly touching the scope with my eyebrow. I pulled the trigger and it felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat, then I felt a trickle down my cheek. Yep...scope cut, valuable lesson learned.

FL Native said:
ah man..............would have been one of theose priceless moments. :rknrl
It was....I tried my best not to laugh only because she had an attitude like "don't even tell me how to shoot a gun" although I didn't realize she could fast dance that well. :D

This isn't about a gun but the thread reminded me of it. I shoot Bow quite a bit. I used to have an Onieda Screaming Eagle. They have 2 extra limbs that are hinged on the top and bottom. When you draw the bow the limbs pullinward. One day I was practicing shooting in a kneeling position and drew the bow. I didn't realize it but the lower limb cleared my leg when drawn and when I released the tip of the limb came slamming down on the top of my thigh ! :shock: I fell to the ground sure I broke my leg. I was rolling and moning in pain. My wife was standing there laughing her head off :oops: Those bows had a timing cable built into the frame and it was thrown off sync from the impact on my leg. I called a friend that owned a Gun shop and he sent me to the only place he knew that could work on them. I took it over and handed to the guy behind the counter and told him what happened and told him the cable was messed up. He looked at it and said "looks fine to me ". At that point he drew the bow back and that cable let go and his fist that held the draw string came back and punched him right in the face sending his glasses flying over the counter ! I looked at him and said " I told you ! " :LOL: He went ahead and fixed it but I didn't trust it anymore and traded it off.

Well having shot the DE in both .50 &.357 I have to say IMHO the biggest problem with them is not somuch the recoil but the shear bulk of the friggin hand grips. Real hard to get a good grip of them unless you have REAL big hands (and I do not)

Gotta say my favorite target class weapon has to be my AMT hardballer longslide .45 (fully worked had her done up when I was in Germany)

and in the carry catagory it would have to be my Para P12 .45 (there is no substitute for fire power and when you can have it AND the knock down power of the .45) can you say heaven?

Chuck

P.S. still train double tap but hey if I draw down I INTEND to KILL my target.

I have an S&W 500 Magnum with the 4 inch barrel and shoot it quite often. It's not as bad as you would think, recoil is straight back and doesn't really snap up, but it starts to hurt after 15 or 20 rounds.

I was out at the trap range and my brother wanted to shoot my Browning Gold 12 Gauge semi auto.

Didnt think nothing of it until the first shot,,,,,,,

He is left handed and I am right handed

well the shell ejected in front of his face along with the powder burns,,,that will teach him :shock:

Sonwatcher said:
What kind of hit did you take in the wallet ? The cheapest on sale I saw was $700 plus and then regular around $1200.

I bought it last summer, right after they came out and paid $800. And the best part was that my wife was standing next to me encouraging me to buy it. :D

Like I need help buying guns! 8)

..._...|..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|]= = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___// :D Yeah I got a couple stories to tell. Kind of like Pluto’s story but when I was 10 my dad let me shoot his 30-06 Yet again didn’t know that sucker would kick as hard. MY dads a big guy and this gun kicks him hard. Well got up to the rest. Eye right up to the scope and BOOM. Damn think came back and nailed me right in the eye. I had a black eye for 2 weeks and it hurt like a SOB. And this year in trap a friend of mine brought her little 12 gauge (I think that’s what it was) it was really small like a 20 gauge. She said it didn’t kick hard. And well I didn’t believe her. (I shot a 12 Gauge Fronchi) Well I got out and thank god it was my last shoot of the night. That gun kicked like a mule. I had a bruise on my shoulder for about a week. And I had that sucker tight on my shoulder. But i was messing around and had a 3 1/2 in the very first shot :twisted: Yes its illegal to do that but you couldn't see the rock after i shot. :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.