• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Had an unusual morning

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
This morning i noticed a young roadrunner had gotten in my backyard and couldn't seem to find his way out. When i went out in the backyard he panicked and tried to squeeze through the chain link fence and wedged himself in good and tight! Then my two pups thought they had a new play toy but luckily they listened to me when i told them to stop and get back they sat quietly and watched as i slowly and easily tried to free the bird. It wasn't go to well at first but then i think he realized i was trying to help him and not harm him because i felt his body relaxe and then i was able to get him out of his predicament, then i walked over and dropped him on the outside of the fence and he scampered of into the woods. I wished i had my wife take a picture of the release but i was just thinking about getting him safely back on his morning outing. That was a first for me just glad i could save him, im a sucker for animals anyway especially if their in need of some help.

Back when I lived in New Mexico, the XYL thought it was cool that we had roadrunners hanging out around the neighbor's pine tree. Until she figured out that they'd get in the tree to more easily spot baby quail to eat.

Back when I lived in New Mexico, the XYL thought it was cool that we had roadrunners hanging out around the neighbor's pine tree. Until she figured out that they'd get in the tree to more easily spot baby quail to eat.
Yeah my mom did too until she saw one jump up a snatch a small bird off of her bird feeder. It would lay down beneath the feeder and kind of sprawl out sort of flat, it blended in almost perfectly with the scattered seededs on the ground. After that she'd run them off when she seen them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.