• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hairpin beta match

solderjerk

May 4, 2007
Shingletown Ca.
Does anyone know where I can get some specs.- pictures - illustrations on how to make a Hairpin for a 4 element 11 meter beam? Even an antenna design program with the Hairpin in it. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a good one that will show you how to do it, not just talk about it. Thanks

If you pick up an ARRL Antenna Book it should come with some software and in that software there should be a program called Yagi for Windows which will let you play with optimizing a Yagi however you would like and it also gives the dimensions for a hairpin match that'll tune your choice of yagi antenna. Also in the ARRL Antenna Book there should be pic's and details on setting up a hairpin match. Basically your driven element should be insulated from the boom and split in the middle with one side of a u bolt looking piece attached to one side of the driven element and the other side of the u bolt thing attached to the other side of the driven element. I'm sure someone can post a pic of the basic design that'll be a lot clearer than what I just said

DX Engineering has programs you can buy. Also has Hairpin matches, baluns, etc. If you want to make your own im sure there are books on the subject.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.