• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hallicrafter's HT-41 Amp

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
There is a guy ~100 miles away from my QTH that has a HT-41 for sale with extra tubes.

Looking on Google, it says this amp will do 1200 watts SSB, 600 watts CW, and 350 watts AM. Says it doesn't work and it is popping fuses.

Is this thing worth the time, effort, and money to get it into working shape?
Never mind restoring the looks (assuming they are bad), just what are the known problem areas and part replacement availability?

What do you think I should do here?
He wants to sell all of his radio stuff including this amp for $300

Index of /manuals_schematics/Hallicrafters/HT-41

Looks like the one in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SVpWsymGF8

Index of /manuals_schematics/Hallicrafters/HT-41

Attachments

• ht-41_manual.pdf
    660.4 KB · Views: 331

Unless you plan to rebuild that thing's power supply, the best advice would be to say, "Thank you, but no thank you". I have no idea what else he may include in that deal, but the amplifier is definitely not worth that much!
- 'Doc

Robb, looking at the schematic there is no tuned input, strike one
The tubes 7094 may present a decent impedance to a 50 ohm transceiver

PS would need rebuilt, keying circuit may need relay replaced and it is using tube rectifiers that will require solid state replacements thus higher voltage output.

Would take a few $$ and a few hours to get it back to life if you could find replacement tubes.

It would be a pass like DOC said unless you just want it for collector purposes.
SB200 would be a better buy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.