• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HAVING QSL CARDS MADE

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I want to get some QSL cards made who or where are some suggestions I dont want nothing spectacular I even thought of making my own but am not really sure how to go about it. Anyways I want some made up I have to send some out so any help or ideas are appreciated.

Qsl Cards

Tony: Check the ads on the eQSL website and the banner ads on Qth.com...some pretty reasonable hams will print what you need...if you have your own image backround they can set it up also via upload or mail it to them and they can print what ever you would like for info...some of the standard basic formats with 2 colors can be had for just $20 for a good quanity...

I would set-up and register on eQSL also...I am a GOLD member for 8 or 9 years now...good service I think

All the Best
BJ

TonyV225,
A QSL 'card' can be any thing you want to make it, within reason. That means from a simple written note verifying the contact with the particulars, to flashing lights and more 'bling' than is healthy. The limits are that a typical card will be 'public' and sent through the US mail. That means that there are certain size limits that are practical, and pictures of your last visit to a nude beach are sort of discouraged, you know? A bit of 'reasonable' is a very good idea. From there, your imagination is the only limit, sort of.
I make my own. After spending an unbelievable amount on QSL cards over a period of time my 'cheapness' kicked in and I found that I could make the whole thingy sort of fun and less costly. I like doing graphics to start with and had the equipment (programs). Wasn't all that difficult, really. If you are not that familiar with all that stuff, I would suggest practice and commercially made cards for awhile, or one'a them QSL programs.
Found that a common 5x8 (large size) idex card will hold two QSL cards just fine, and the lines on the back make for easier/neater notes on the back. Sort of 'scootch' the required information into a standard format and the rest of the card can be filled with whatever you want to fill it with (within reason).
Can't remember the call off hand, thing it's W4MPY, makes some very nice cards, and there are a bunch more that do too. Most will use whatever graphics you send them, pictures, emblems, etc. Lots of possibilities! Something else to think about is that your QSL card will represent YOU. If you want people to have the best impression of you, there are limits to how 'out landish' you get. After that... have fun!
- 'Doc

I purchase blank cards...it does have the standard format including the world globe
they are $4.95 per hundred, and I just put a label on them, which has my call name etc...you can get them at universal radio columbus ohio, they are on the web.

DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.