• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

heathkitsb200

S

steal man

friend gave me an old heathkit sb200 can som tell me how put with my cbradio and antenna

</p>

You might want to try the Hot Foot keyer. I've never used one, but it looks like what you may be looking for. Just like the previous post stated, you will need 100 watts to drive the amp. A small 2 pill in low power should do the trick. Expect to get about 600 - 650 watts P.E.P. out on SSB. The amplifier was not designed and not recommended for AM operation. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong in my last statement. Something about the duty handling of the 572b tubes and heat problem.

www.freewebs.com/skunkworks/hf.htm

73's

Triple J

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=triplej@worldwidecbradioclub>Triple J</A> at: 12/29/03 6:14 am

greeaaat amp i had one a long time ago.I recomend you slide it out of the green shell and take the cover off the rf deck.Make sure its unplugged.Short the tank circuit to ground with a screw driver.Make sure the tubes are plugged in all the way take a look at the relay on the bottom.Look at the contacts to see if they are burned up if they are replace it.You may want to clean them while its apart. When you put it back together make sure the fan works.Jeff over at harbach sells all sorts of parts for that amp. Im not sure if the bandswitch is still in it but if abused the contacts usually fail.If they do you can just bypass it.That amp should do 800 pep easy it will key 200 and hold it.

good luck with it 73s

I know this thread is 8 years old but doesn't that amp have to be configured to operate on 11 the meter band with a tank coil or something?

Sometimes the existing tank coil will tune to 11m but usually the efficiency is not that great. A simple repositioning of the 10m tap on the coil is all that is needed. Some [slash] butchers[/slash] operators remove the tank coil completely and replace it with a home made coil for single band operation on 11m.

DSC03703copy.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.