• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help deciding on a amp

10 to da 4

no a 120 is to big for a KL203

120mm KL503
80 mm KL203

thnx i fix computers so i have lots of old fans and heat sinks

i might put that R4-BC8R-18FW-R1 coolermaster fan on it it has white leds
and have 4 of those that a client didnt like when he had his pc built soo yea hahaha i think that will do nice there have a great day and god bless

pre amp

are the pre amps on that RM kl203p any good or should i just go with a regular KL203 searching around on google some ppl stated that its not really worth the extra money for it but i figured id ask here since you guys have delt with these amps before:confused:

are the pre amps on that RM kl203p any good or should i just go with a regular KL203 searching around on google some ppl stated that its not really worth the extra money for it but i figured id ask here since you guys have delt with these amps before:confused:

I rarely use a preamp anyway, but like I said... the one I bought was on sale, so I bit. Most of the time, they just make your noise level higher, or they just burn out/quit working. Probably not worth the extra expense, IMHO.

RT307

Unless the S meter shows zero with it turned off you don't want to be using one anyway because all you do is make the signal to noise ratio worse.

Here's a 5 minutes lesson from Bob Heil.

Quick lesson on AGC, RF gain and preamps

I have heard a lot of these reports but I have two KL-203's and they have worked well and also a KL-503 that does more than 150 watts and none of them add or subtract anything from my audio.

It won't be the audio on the RX frequency thats the problem. It'll be the fact you'll be able to be heard quite well on all the harmonics as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.