• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

how to kill bad noise from fuel pump HELP!

fuel pump noise

if its a ford you can go to the dealer and ther is a service bulliten that involves putting a choke on the power wire goint to the fuel pump in side the tank it cost around $200 at the dealer

Re: fuel pump noise

That is awsome I do have a Ford at that so is it $200 my cost or theirs?

would you know were I could find the info on the service bulliten as I know thay will say what bulliten...

N.J. 124 said:
if its a ford you can go to the dealer and ther is a service bulliten that involves putting a choke on the power wire goint to the fuel pump in side the tank it cost around $200 at the dealer

Ford

Carefully jack up your Ford way up high and drive a Chevrolet under it to cure your noise trouble! j/k :p

Seriously, this is an issue with many vehicles (Ford being most prominent), and I think the cost is up to you. The logic being that they are not responsible for any devices (radios) that didn't come with the truck.

CWM

Hello Bill ,Wow !! sorry to hear about your noise problem there ....been there done that crap dude !! )-: What kind of Radio are you using at the moment ? Rather then go through all the trouble of doing what you have to do concerning a fuel tank and what not ,I found that some radios have much better noise anls and blankers in them. I've capped off a few things over the years in different vehicals as far as electric fans and alternators .....it helped a little,but nothing to jump up and down about there after. (May have been more trouble then it was worth to me) I did find that some radios were much better then others when it came to knocking out the noise and not so much the incoming transmissions from others. Sorry to hear about your noise problem ....that's one problem that can really be a burden for any radio operator. IM not saying that filters won't work here ......it's just the extra work that can be involved has always been a total turn off for me.(some guys are just lucky with there vehicals,they hook them up and they have no major noise problems)

noise

Your cost is not a recall just a service bulittin unless u have some waranty then maybe u can fight it out with ford

DTB Radio said:
Radio (s)Hack part number 273-105. Buy about a dozen of them, and put a few on the leads going to your fuel pump. Keep the others handy for other RF noise sources. They run about 5 bucks each from the Hack.

why do that when u can do it the proper way. Go to your ford dealer buy the updated fuel pump with choke drop the tank (easier done if clos eto empty) remove the old pump instllle the new pump .Insert the chok on the positive lead going inthe the pant on the pump them reinstall the tank.. you have to put the chock on the source or the problem (fuel pump ) to make it go a way . DTB you better stick to radios, i deal with this problem with fords all day at work.

if u odnt wanna do the job yoru self take it to a ford dealer it will cost u 200 part and labor give or take

would be nice but Radio Shack is no longer in canada bought out and thay dont carry alot of the old stuff now...

DTB Radio said:
Radio (s)Hack part number 273-105. Buy about a dozen of them, and put a few on the leads going to your fuel pump. Keep the others handy for other RF noise sources. They run about 5 bucks each from the Hack.

I did not know that about Radio Hack in Canada.

N.J 124, The part number I posted IS an rf suppressor. It clips around the wire, with no need to change or cut anything. Its alot cheaper than doing a full replacement, and has been shown to work well. Many of my customers have used that method over the years, on Ford fuel systems as well as on other makes/models/noise sources, with success.

DTB Radio said:
I did not know that about Radio Hack in Canada.

N.J 124, The part number I posted IS an rf suppressor. It clips around the wire, with no need to change or cut anything. Its alot cheaper than doing a full replacement, and has been shown to work well. Many of my customers have used that method over the years, on Ford fuel systems as well as on other makes/models/noise sources, with success.

I know that but why "jimmy" rig it when u can do it the correct way

Re: fuel pump noise

N.J. 124 said:

Good example of jimmy-rigging. Glad you posted it to demonstrate what you meant.

To me, jimmy-rigging involves cutting or tapping into a system or circuit in a way that appears unprofessional, or in a way that comprimises the integrity of the system. In reality, neither method is jimmy-rigging, and both will solve his problem. The main difference is that the method I mentioned requires no cutting, he can easily do it himself, and it costs roughly 1000% less.

yes it dont involve cuttin but, if he ever has a problem with his fuel system or the electrical system and is under fords or extended warranty . the dealer wont fix the problem under warranty becuase The problem wasnt fixed according to fords specifications. If i had a 30,000 dollar truck and i had this problem i would fix it the way ford recomends tha tis test that works and still keep my factory waranty. Ford has a S.S.B (Special Service Bulliten) for this problem and it states that if the problem is attempted to be fixed or was tried to be fixe dany other way it voids warrenty on the vehical . I'm sorry i dotn make the rules Ford does :cry:

Not a single person has asked:

What radio
How it is wired and to what
How he knows it is the fuel pump

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.