• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

how to kill bad noise from fuel pump HELP!

Ok, now you're making sense. No mention was made of a warranty issue before, just that it would cost him 200 bucks if he wanted Ford to fix it. I'm assuming that if it IS a warramty issue, it won't cost him 200 bucks, unless you mean that Ford expects him to either deal with the noise or shell out 200 bucks to keep his warranty.

Mitsurugi:

I think it was assumed that he has already eliminated other noise sources. As for how its wired, it wont make a difference if the signal is an RF signal as would be generated by the fuel pump system under discussion. It will enter his antenna just like any other RF signal, and any 11-meter component of that noise signal will be demodulated (and show up in his audio and on his signal meter) just like any other 27mhz signal.

DTB Radio said:
Ok, now you're making sense. No mention was made of a warranty issue before, just that it would cost him 200 bucks if he wanted Ford to fix it. I'm assuming that if it IS a warramty issue, it won't cost him 200 bucks, unless you mean that Ford expects him to either deal with the noise or shell out 200 bucks to keep his warranty.

IF he has no warenty it would cost him 200bucks. But if he had warrenty they would probally fix it for free unless they have seen some other type of attempt to fix it like if some one has already attemped to install some chokes in their. Or if he fixed the problem himself like the way u mentioned ( Which works) and then had a problem with fuel pump if they saw someone tamperd with it any way, (chokes or non ford filters on the power wires to the fuel pump) they wouldnt warrenty repair the fuel pump outa warranty. I would say if he has warranty play it safe and have it done at his local for d dealer if he has no warranty he could attempt to fix himself like u mentioned

Does the radio really matter? it's realistic TRC crap something..
wired to DA power lets see when turning key it pins the needle for 3 seconds while the fuel pump builds up presser and then turns off once engin starts got the static back untill I shut the damn truck off... oh ya take antenna off no noise even with truck running... im not paying $200 bucks to fix it ether, for a $5 CB radio, I have a choke on order, electronic stores here blow goats its gonna take 4+ weeks for it to come in... no noise from heater fan, power windows or anything else I can run without starting the truck up...

Mitsurugi said:
Not a single person has asked:

What radio
How it is wired and to what
How he knows it is the fuel pump

I'm Cured

Thanks everyone with donating your input to my problem..

OK I have a quite radio now I have to check if its even on now its that quiet...

what I did: grounded exhaust pipe- why I noticed it really cut down on some of the noise when it was rainy and wet...

added a few chokes this really helped big time...

rf suppressor

The choke I ordered and finally got in were made specifically for the CB freq smaller than I thought it was going to be but put one as close as I could to the fuel pump along with the suppressor and then another choke as close to the radio as I could.. its just awesome from an 8-1/2 down to maybe 1/2 and with the anl on 0 with volume cranked all the way too...

DTB Radio said:
Glad to hear it! What kind of choke did you use, and where did you put them? Also, where did you put the suppresser?

d

Survival Bill, can you please tell us what chokes and what suppressors were used and where you got/ordered them?
Alot of Ford owners (including me) might be interested in purchasing a few.

Thanks, LoneWolf TN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.