• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 poor output capacitor related?

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
First off sorry about the crappy pics, its an old camera, well my HR2510 was working great one day then the next the output just dropped off, its below 5w on am and falls the longer you key it, ssb is the same, so I brought it in the house and took the top off and hooked it to a power meter and antenna, when I key up it look to jump for a split second to the 10w dead key on AM then drops fast below 5w and falling then I saw smoke comming from the Capacitor between the copper coils and rear of radio near Antenna connector, this seems to be an easy fix? could this be the only problem or output final aswell? radio was swinging around 35w on ssb and 15w-20w on AM the day befor and was in my truck for over 4 months without a lick of problems, anyone know what the value is on this ceramic Capacitor........I want to get my mobile working again, radio works as normal except the very low output and this cap smoking???

scaled.php

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.