• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

In the words of Eric Von Zipper.... "Why me?? Why me all the time?"

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
Ordered a pair of old radios off of Ebay from a seller in Florida.

For a whole WEEK the tracking info LOOKED LIKE it had not been picked up from the seller by Fed Ex.
Today... I got an email from Fed Ex happily informing me that my package is READY FOR PICKUP. YAY!!!!!!!!

At the Fed Ex desk in the Dollar General in Ft Myers Florida!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I live in Deer Park, TX so that makes THAT a bit of a drive!!!!!!

I called Fed Ex and finally got a human being and explained my reason for calling.
Gave him the tracking number and my name and address.

When I came back he was able to confirm TWO things......

it DID look like it was delivered to the Dollar General Fed Ex in Ft Myers, FL like they said......

AND

That the package DID have my correct name and address on the label!!!!!!!!!!!!

So......... why did it get sent there?????
He doesn't know. He wrote up an issue ticket and tells me that somebody will be assigned to investigate it ... and that they willl likely have the package picked up and delivered to me here... but he didn't have any idea how long that would take.

With my memory..... it will make a nice unexpected Christmas Gift from some guy in Florida this December!!!!!!!!!!

This I so funny, but Not!! I feel your pain guitar 199. I bought some radio equipment a few years ago and USPS did deliver to the wrong house, even though my correct address was on the box, they delivered it across town to an address not even close!! I asked the supervisor to please find it and deliver it to ME. Three days later he calls and said that the people where it was delivered won't give it to him. So the sender (place where I purchased) filed a claim. It was denied two weeks later... ??????? So I'm out $$$

I'm glad your issue seems to be resolved. Let us know if you actually get it.

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.