• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

irf 510 mosfets?

iceman78

Feb 15, 2009
I found a 510 mosfet from radio shack in my box 'o junk. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using these in lieu of the 520. If so what if any are the differences in performance between the two. The subject radio may be a cobra 29. Thanks for any input.

I just tried messing with the fet and i must have done something wrong because i couldnt get anything out of it. Then put it back to stock and did the normal modifications and got it to do what it should. Time to keep tinkering i suppose

I modded my Cobra 29 with a mosfet and i get about 40 out of it.. heck for what those rat shack ones go for i might try one for sh**s and giggles!!!!!!!!

I modded my Cobra 29 with a mosfet and i get about 40 out of it.. heck for what those rat shack ones go for i might try one for sh**s and giggles!!!!!!!!

I have a few radios here that I need to work on. I was thinking about going the mosfet route however I did up a few 29s last week and with the stock final I was getting a bit better than 40 pep.

On what meter? Just not seeing that, sorry.

Since you're not seeing it, I'll show you then.

This is a Cobra 29 Night Hawk I worked on.
Test parameters: 13.8v power supply. Bird 43 w/ Bird PEP kit & Bird 50A slug. 500w dry dummy load.

2012-05-22_19-59-26_960.jpg

Here's another 29, just a normal LTD Classic. Also getting +/- 40 with the same BIRD meter and test parameters identical.

2012-05-22_19-15-44_779.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.